Friday, September 02, 2011

MULTI-PIN

Here's the base of a Burroughs 6700 counter tube.


It's a ten digit Nixie driver tube, sadly, when I start to experiment I'll have to wire up a loom of female pin connectors since I don't have a proper socket for it.


Here's the functional diagram for this beast. Hails from the era of massive computers, I have machinations of deploying this in a repurposed manner, but am following my gut in terms of avoiding spouting too much nonsense before experimenting with it.

I'm hopeful I can utilize hardware from the same people that brought us the Bat Computer in the 1960s TV show. Here's a page with some nice top end shots of these: http://www.decadecounter.com/vta/articleview.php?item=313

Mine are similar to the two variants at the bottom of the page.

1 comment:

crochambeau said...

Still haven't found a satisfactory way to integrate portrait format images, consider this a test post.